Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Rules of Engagement?



Jill, I have some questions about what's allowed...

1. COFFEE? - to have or not to have? I think we both say yes but maybe we're just lazy caffeine addicted bitches that need to buck up and stick to what we agreed to? Oui? My ideal self drinks green tea and I guess I should too.
2. SPICES? - can we have spices even if they aren't raw? What about soy sauce? What about barbecue sauce? What about a veggie barbecue pulled "pork" on warm sour dough bread with spicy chipotle veganaise and pickles?? Oh God... it's only day one and I just drooled on my moo moo.
3. OLIVES? Olives contain two favorite food groups - salt & fat. I've said it before and I'll say it again: I don't want to live in a world without olives. But I think they aren't raw. Unless you go to David Wolf's www.sunfood.com and blow $20.95 for a 16 oz bag Botija. I can get the same size bag of primo oil packed Armenian olives at Food King around the corner for 3.99. I guess I'm going to do some research. My gut tells me they aren't allowed. But my mouth says shut the f' up stupid gut.
4. WINE? Like when?

Answer me dammit - Stacy


Ahhh, my dear Stacy,

1. COFFEE- I woke up at 3am this morning and tossed RELENTLESSLY for three hours before finally crying uncle (my good friend Mr Cabernet would NEVER have let this happen to me.) Now I don't know if you have ever had Starbucks Via Bold Italian Brew but it is pure magic, so unless you want to find your Repunzel-ass hair wrapped around you neck I would let the coffee thing go.
2. SPICES- Do you mean like toasted spices? Because the day we start worrying about that kind of detail is the day that David Wolf will be calling us from the next cabana. As far as soy sauce, I have two words for you: NAMA SHOYU. It's a raw, unpasteurized bottle of goodness that you can find at any health food store. Pulled pork...refer to Repunzel-ass hair comment above.
3. OLIVES- Funny thing, but I was coveting the olives and pickles last night at the grocery store. I did a quick search online and so far it looks like they are just pickled, but one source suggested they could be pasteurized in the jar but not heated up enough to cook them. Lets adopt a don't ask don't tell policy for now until we are certain. Cool?
4. WINE - See Repunzel-ass comment above.

Dill Jill

PS What is with that picture? It looks like you snapped and fricasseed Graves.


1 comment:

  1. Hey girlies!

    I just want to say that I think what you two are doing is great! I am anxious to follow you for 90 days to see if I want to follow in your glorious footshteps (Young Frankenstein humor there, he he). As a humble observer, I have a suggestion. What if you had REAL LIVE SUCCESSFUL raw foodies on your blog as "guests" now and then for a quick interview exchange? I have a few I could recommend. But in the meantime, I will send them to your blog. Maybe they'll post comments and introduce themselves!!!! Wouldn't that be great? You both look like you could use some advice and inspiration. Especially when it comes to olives! I mean that in the most loving way. Ok, well, I'm rooting for you two. I think my fresh pot of coffee and toast are ready, so gotta go.

    Your pal,

    Val

    ReplyDelete