Monday, October 11, 2010

All Good Things Must End


I think my eyeballs just fell out of my face.

Dear Stacy,

Yes, it's true. As I begin wrapping up my 90 days of raw, I believe that the mutual infatuation Robert and I have shared has run its course (and I swear it isn't because of this picture!!)

Okay, the picture doesn't help.

We've had some good times in this blog. The best moment for me, hands down, was when my sister informed me that my Mom was in a snit because I was dating this "Rob" person.

Oh yeah...I'm serious.

As far as raw is concerned, I get asked daily if I will continue to eat raw after my time is up. It's a fair question, and at this point I want to continue mulling it over before I make a commitment.

You wanna know how I felt the day after last weeks victorious 3 mile run? I needed a wheelchair for 3 days to recover!!!! By day 4, I was feeling better and ran for 3.5 miles, stopping only because I don't want to sadistically push myself anymore. I am focusing hard on being happy with 3 miles, and accepting that I probably won't ever be a marathon runner. I am more than a little amazed that I don't have any aches or pains after running these last few days. I wonder if the supplements I started taking have contributed to that...

So here I sit in my kitchen, on day 78, feeling a little melancholy... puzzled over what life will be like outside the confines of this blog and these 90 days.

Maybe it won't be any different at all. I know that I will still use my Edward Cullen cup for my green smoothies (some rituals are worth holding on to.) But the truth is, much like the way I felt after seeing Robert in his scarf and little black socks, I'm afraid it's not gonna feel the same.

1 comment:

  1. Jill, I never could figure out what you saw in that "Rob" person anyway. Besides I'm sure your love affair with raw is much more substantive. Who knows, it could even be the real thing.

    ReplyDelete